personal (3.75 x 6.75 in) dividers printing instructions
- printable dividers file - personal size
- Adobe Reader - Free Download
- personal size planner or binder
- white card stock
- hole punch
- personal size paper
- If you are printing your dividers at home, it is highly recommended to use a fresh ink cartridge and higher quality paper. White card stock is recommended.
- Be sure to open the file with Adobe Reader to see the correct fonts and text placement.
- For extra durability, consider having your dividers laminated.
Editing Text Fields (for editable files only)
- Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader on your computer. Using another program may not display the correct fonts or text alignment.
- Editable Text Fields: If the file has editable text fields they will appear as blue boxes in Adobe Reader (refer to individual product listing descriptions to see if the file has editable text). It is recommended closing the file, re-opening it, and making sure your changes have saved before adding text throughout the entire document.
- Editable Monogram: Please note files with editable monogram can not be changed to plain text. The monogram area will accommodate a single initial or 3 initials.
- 3 initial monogram format:
- First Name Initial: lowercase
- Last Name Initial: uppercase
- Middle Name Initial: lowercase
- Single Initial format:
- Initial: Uppercase
Edit the divider text and tab text in Adobe Reader
- Editable Plain Text: Please note that the font in the plain text fields can not be changed. The plain text can be edited to be a name or subject. Don't like the plain text font or color? See the instructions for adding your own custom text.
Printing the Dividers
Odd only, normal page order, actual size, landscape
Even only, reverse page order, actual size, landscape
- Once your edited file is open in Adobe Reader select "File > Print".
- In the "Page Size & Handling" section, select "Actual size".
- In the "Page Size & Handling" section, select "Choose paper source by PDF page size".
- If your printer automatically prints double sided, click on the "print" button. If your printer does NOT automatically print double sided follow the following steps.
- Under the "Pages to Print" drop down menu, select to print "Odd pages only".
- Then select "Normal" for page order. (if you do not see this option your printer should automatically print in normal order)
- Once your Odd pages are printed, you will want to feed that stack of pages back into your printer in whichever direction YOUR printer feeds paper back in. Many printers feed paper differently, you will want to be observant of that. in most cases, you will feed the odd pages in the exact way they came out. Then you can print the even pages. (I recommend doing a test print of 2 pages to make sure you have the correct settings, that paper is being fed correctly, and that the pages are in order, i.e. matching front dividers and back divider pages).
- After selecting "Actual size" and "Choose paper source by PDF page size" again (settings may restore to default after each print), go back to "Pages to Print" and select "Even pages only" now.
- Then select "Reverse pages".
- You should end up with the pages printed in the proper order (i.e. matching front divider and back divider pages)
- Trim the dividers. Cut the dividers out following the outline on the front side. You will be trimming away some of the back page design.
- Use a sheet of personal size paper to align your hole punch to each divider.
- Insert the dividers into your planner and enjoy!