Classroom Newsletter Instructions
- Printable Classroom Newsletter PDF Files
- Adobe Reader - Free Download
- Canva - Free Presentation and graphic creator
- 8.5 x 11 inch 24lb , 28lb, or 32lb paper
- If you are printing your pages at home, it is highly recommended to use a fresh ink cartridge and higher quality paper. White card stock or 24lb - 32lb paper is best.
- Borderless Printing: Check your printer for a borderless printing option. If your printer does not have the option for borderless printing, the page design will not print to the edges and there will be a white border along the sides.
- If you are having your pages printed professionally: Please review the instructions and be familiar with them before you go to the print shop. Before you begin printing the files I recommend showing the files and the instructions to one of the associates and asking if they are able to print the files per the instructions. Some print shops may not be able to print in the format you need. Also asking if a test print can be provided will help you decide if printing the entire file at the print shop will work for you.
Editing Text Fields
- Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader on your computer. Using another program may not display the correct fonts or text alignment.
- Editable Text Fields: The editable text fields will appear as blue boxes in Adobe Reader. It is recommended to save the file after adding new information to each page. I also recommend closing the file, re-opening it, and making sure your changes have saved before adding text throughout the entire document.
- Change the Font style, size, and color:
- On a Mac use "Command E".
- On a PC use "Ctrl-E".
- This will bring up the text dialogue box and you will be able to change the font style, size, and color.
- If you are trying to copy and paste information into the blue text box and the file is not letting you it may because there is more text than will fit in the box. Try pasting in less amount of text to see if that works.
Cropping Photos, Saving Photos as PDF, and Adding Photos to Meet the Teacher Pages
- Before you add an image to the page, you will have to crop your image and convert them from JPEG to PDF.
- Open the PDF file with Adobe Reader and check the image dimensions. There are two sizes: 3x4 inches and 6x4 inches. These are the sizes you will be cropping your images to depending on which layout you are using.
- To crop your photos and save them as a PDF I recommend using Canva. It is free and easy to use. You will be able to create images in custom dimensions and export them to PDF all from their website www.canva.com
- After you have logged in or signed up for Canva, click on the button that says "use custom dimensions".
- In the pop up, change the unit of measurement to inches.
- Fill in the width and height fields based on the size image you will be using.
- Click on the "Design" button.
- Once the new design screen appears click on "uploads" and upload your image.
- Adjust your image until it fits into the design screen. Once you have set the image how you would like it to be cropped click on the "Download" button.
- In the "Download" dialogue box under File Type select "PDF print".
- This will download your image as a PDF file.
- Go back to Adobe Reader where the Recipe Binder Kit file is open and click on the photo space.
- The "Select Icon" dialogue box will open. Click on "browse".
- Select the PDF image you just saved and upload it to the recipe page.
- Repeat this for every image you use.
- Once your edited file is open in Adobe Reader select "File > Print".
- Click on the "Page Setup" button and select "Borderless 8.5 x 11 inches". (Check printer manual for this capability). Not all printers are able to print borderless. If your printer does not have borderless printing as an option then you will get a thin white border around the edges of the paper.
- Once you have printed the pages you can distribute them to your students!