Add Custom Text to Printables with Adobe Reader
hi! thank you for stopping by!
these instructions show how to add custom text to printables
when you add custom text you will be able to change the font, color, and size of the text
let's get started!
1. open the file with Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is a free program available here
if you open the file in another program you may not have the same customization options
2. click on the 'fill & sign' button
3. in the 'fill & sign tools' section, select 'add text'
4. the 'add text' dialogue box will open
5. click anywhere on the document and start typing
don't worry about centering the text since you will be able to edit and move the text as needed
(does your file have editable text fields? special instructions available after printing instructions)
6. with your text highlighted, click on the menu to change the font
7. with your text highlighted, click on the menu to change the font size
8. highlight the text and edit it
9. with the text highlighted, click on the menu to change the font color
10. click on 'other color' to view an expanded selection of colors
11. click on the 'eyedropper' tool to match the font color to a color in the document
12. use different font sizes to fill spaces
13. use different colors for each new text box you create
14. click on the 'file' menu
15. click on the 'print' button
16. click on the 'page setup' button to open the page setup dialogue box
17. click on the 'page size' menu
18. select 'us letter borderless' and click 'ok'
not all printers are capable of borderless printing. view your printer manual for printer capabilities
if your printer is unable to print borderless you will have a white border around the edge of the document
19. in the 'comments & forms' section, click on the menu and select 'comments & markups'
if this is not selected then the custom text you added to the file will not appear on the printed document
20. in the 'page sizing & handling' section, select 'actual size'
21. in the 'orientation' section, select the page orientation that matches the document
printables that have editable text fields
some files have 'editable text fields'. these text fields appear as blue boxes in Adobe Reader and have pre-determined font settings that cannot be changed. if these text fields do not suite your needs you can follow the instructions described above to add custom text. the difference with this file is that instead of clicking anywhere in the document you must click on a blank space with no blue box. in the blank space you will be able to customize and format your text. once you are happy with your text move it to the correct space in the file. once the text is placed you will no longer be able to move or edit the text since the editable text box is in the way.