printing instructions for the letter & A4 planner
- Printable Planner PDF Files
- Adobe Reader - Free Download
- Letter Size or A4 Size White Card Stock (for covers and spines)
- Letter Size or A4 Size 24lb , 28lb, or 32lb paper
- Hole Punch
- If you are printing your planner at home, it is highly recommended to use a fresh ink cartridge and higher quality paper. White card stock or 24lb - 32lb paper is best.
- Borderless Printing: Check your printer for a borderless printing option. If your printer does not have the option for borderless printing, the page design will not print to the edges and there will be a white border along the sides.
- If you are having your planner printed professionally: Please review the instructions and be familiar with them before you go to the print shop. Before you begin printing the files I recommend showing the files and the instructions to one of the associates and asking if they are able to print the files per the instructions. Some print shops may not be able to print in the format you need. Also asking if a test print can be provided will help you decide if printing the entire file at the print shop will work for you.
Editing Text Fields
- Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader on your computer. Using another program may not display the correct fonts or text alignment.
- Editable Text Fields: If the file has editable text fields they will appear as blue boxes in Adobe Reader (refer to individual product listing descriptions to see if the file has editable text). It is recommended to save the file after adding new information to each page. I also recommend closing the file, re-opening it, and making sure your changes have saved before adding text throughout the entire document.
- Change the Font Style, Size, and Color: To do this, click on the blue text box and press the below options to open the text dialogue box.
- on a Mac: Command E
- on a PC: Ctrl E
- Editable Subject Titles (Subject Layout Only): The printable planner has editable text on the on the weekly pages which is perfect for typing in your subject or class title! The file is set up so that you can fill in the first week of the month and all the other weekly pages in the month will automatically fill in for you! You will need to fill in the titles for every month before printing.
Printing - Covers and Spines
- Open the file of your choice in Adobe Reader
- Customize the monogram or text on the cover. For more information on text customization see the instructions here.
- Select "Borderless" Printing
- Print on card stock. For the covers and spines you do not need to do double sided printing.
- Trim the spine that you need for your binder.
- Insert the binder covers and spines into your binder.
Printing - Interior Planner Pages
* the instructions below are written for the letter size file. for the A4 size file select "A4" or "A4 borderless" when making your paper selection
- Once your edited file is open in Adobe Reader select "File > Print".
- Click on the "Page Setup" button and select"Borderless 8.5 x 11 inches". (Check printer manual for this capability). Not all printers are able to print borderless. If your printer does not have borderless printing as an option then you will get a thin white border around the edges of the paper.
- After selecting borderless, the option to select two-sided printing no longer works on my printer (this may also be the case with your printer) so in order to print the pages front to back without doing each one individually, you need to select "Preview" and search for "Paper Handling" in the pull down menu.
- In "Paper Handling", under the "Pages to Print" drop down menu, select to print "Odd Only".
- Then select "Normal" for page order.
- Once your Odd pages are printed, you will want to feed that stack of pages back into your printer in whichever direction YOUR printer feeds paper back in. Many printers feed paper differently, you will want to be observant of that. In most cases, you will feed the odd pages in the exact way they came out. Then you can print the even pages. (I recommend doing a test print of 4 pages to make sure you have the correct settings, that paper is being fed in correctly, and that the pages are in order).
- After selecting "Borderless" again (it restores to default after each print), go back to "Paper Handling" and select "Even Only" now.
- Then select "Reverse" Order
- You should end up with the pages printed in the proper order.
- Hole punch or bind your pages and enjoy!